Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chapter 35


It didn’t take long for Reece Tyson to get back to the grandfather of his children as to his ETA.  “I’ll actually be flying into Jerusalem.  My agent heard that I was heading out there to see my kids to meet you and he booked me a private flight.”

“Nice.  You didn’t have to cuss him or anything, did you?” David said with a laugh.

“Surprisingly enough, no.  I just said pull me from the competition, I’m going to Jerusalem to see my kids whether you like it or not.”

“And he didn’t argue.  Rather he booked you a private flight.”

“Which I’m being asked to get off of my cell phone so that we can take off.  We’ll be stopping in Germany to refuel then we’re flying straight into Jerusalem.”

“Sounds good.  Call when you’re on the ground in Germany to give me the time you’re going to arrive here in Israel so that we can meet you at the airport.”

“Alright, will do Mr. Draiman.”

“We’ll see you soon, Reece.  Have a safe journey.”  He hung up and looked at his wife, who had just put a movie in for the grandchildren.  “He’ll be here soon.  I’m guessing that he’ll be here tomorrow sometime.”

“Which direction is he coming from?” she asked

“East.  They’re going to refuel in Germany.”

“No layovers?”

“It’s not a commercial flight.  He told his agent that he was coming out here to see his kids and the agent booked him a private flight.”

“Nice, but didn’t you say that John told you that he was in the middle of a competition?”

“Yeah.  He had his agent pull him.  He said, and I quote, ‘It’s not like it’s the fucking X- games’.”

“Wow.  Now that the kids are distracted and watching a movie, why don’t you tell me what had you so upset after you hung up with him the first time?”

“Davina.  She told him that we never accepted that Jordan’s a lesbian and that we don’t treat Jasmine like she’s our grandchild.”

“What?”

“Exactly.  We don’t treat that precious little brown skinned, black curly headed angel like she’s our granddaughter.  She also told him that we never wanted to speak to him.”

“Why on Earth wouldn’t we want to speak with him?”

“He told me that Davina said that it was because Jordan’s a lesbian and that her having to be artificially inseminated pissed us off.”

“Not at all.  I can’t believe that Davina would say those things.  We’ve treated her like family.  We took the kids off of her hands so that she could take care of Jordan and not have to worry about the kids.  What the fuck?!”

Levi looked over his shoulder at his grandparents.  “Is everything ok, Gramma?”

“Yes Levi.  I’m fine.  I stubbed my toe.”

“Ouch!” Jasmine said.  “That hurts, I know it does.”

“Yeah, it hurts but I’ll be fine.  You two just watch your movie and if you start getting hungry, let me know.  I’ll make you some lunch.”

“Ok, Gramma.  We’ll let you know.”

She looked back at David.  “That’s ridiculous.  The more I hear the more upset I get.  I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep my head about me when you start talking to him.”

“I know.  You feel betrayed.  So do I.  We’ve treated Davina like family for nearly ten years and to find out that she’s been lying to everyone… I’m pissed.  I hate liars.”

“I know.  Me too.  David, what are we going to do about this though?”

“I don’t know, Brie.  We’ll just have to see what Reece has to say when we finally get to talk to him about all of this, then we’ll make a call.  Either way, we’re still keeping the kids here until Jordan decided what she’s going to do because that’s what the paperwork says to do.”

“And we’re good law- abiding citizens of both the US and Israel.”

“Exactly.  Why don’t we settle in with the grandkids and watch that movie until he calls again?  It’s going to be a while and there’s really nothing we can do about anything we’ve just learned until he finally arrives.”  He took her hands and kissed them.  “We both need to calm down, Brie.  I know you’re upset, so am I.  Let’s just calm down for now.  We’ll tell the kids after he calls from Germany to let us know that he’s even coming out.”

“Sounds like a plan.  We need to just let it go for now.”

---------------

“All I want is for you to tell me the truth, darling”, Morbus said.  “If you’re not willing to do that, then there’s nothing I can do if my boss tells me to step aside.  If you think I’m a twisted bastard, then you won’t like the woman that comes out here after me.  The boss’s old lady is psycho.”

“You don’t have the balls to hit me.  I’m a girl.”

Morbus pulled back a hand and landed the back of it across her face, making her spit out blood.  “That, my dear, is where you’re wrong.  I just don’t make it practice to hit women.  Now, my boss is going to be calling me any minute now and he’s going to want to know if there is anything new.  If I have nothing to tell him, then there’s nothing I can do if he tells me to pack it in and let his wife handle you.  Now, I don’t know what you know about the Draiman family, but the women are scary when they get mad and Brie Draiman is the scariest of them all.”

“So that was David earlier?”

“Who did you think it was, fucking Santa Clause?  It’s David Draiman that still calls the shots here.”  His phone rang, playing “Down With the Sickness”.  “Yeah boss?  Not a thing since you left.  She won’t talk for me.  Damn it, that’s what I was afraid of.  I told her, David, I warned the bitch that if she didn’t talk you’d send out the big guns.  Alright.  I’m done.  I’ll come in and let her stew for a little while.  She’s not going anywhere and if she tries I’ll have Travis on the door.  Yes sir.  I’m on my way in.”  He sighed and looked at the young woman.  “Oh, you’re in for it now.  Boss lady is coming out and she doesn’t play nice.  I was being nice.  Boss lady will fuck you up.”

“Yeah right?  How old is this woman by now?  At least in her late sixties.”

“And in better shape than you could ever hope to be in at her age.  You should have talked to me.”  He grabbed the K-bar that the Master Guns had given him many years before and put it back in its sheath on is thigh.  Once he walked out, he looked at his son.  “I should be back out here soon.  You, your brother, and Carter are to rotate the watch every 3 hours on the hour until I return with Brie.”  He leaned into his son.  “It won’t actually be Brie, as you know.  It will be Maddie dressed as Brie.”

“Yes, sir.”

“If she gives you any problems, let me know and I’ll let Brie know.  Brie will set the little bitch straight.”

“Yes sir.”

Morbus mounted the four wheeler he’d pretty much claimed as his own and headed to the house.  Upon walking in, he saw Delilah and Jona helping to get Maddie ready to go out into his shed to cause serious problems for the young woman out in the shed.  Morbus laughed.  “Damn, jumping on it already, huh?”

“Yep”, Delilah said.  “Maddie’s looking forward to fucking with this girl.”

“Fuck yeah.  Jake got to by pretending to be Dad.  It’s my turn now.  I’m the one of us that looks the most like Mom”, Maddie said with a bright smile.  “Anyway, I’ve been waiting to let my inner crazy bitch loose for a while.  Now, I get to play.”

“What do you plan to do to the girl?” Morbus asked.

“You’ll see, but she won’t leave the property.”

“Are you saying you’re going to need my help?”

“Unless ‘David’ wants to come out and help me?” she said, making air quotes around her father’s name and shooting a glance at her big brother.

“I don’t know if my acting is far enough up to par and I swore to Dad over 10 years ago that I’d never shave my head again to pretend to be him”, Jake laughed

“You’ll just fuck with people and sound like him.”

“Pretty much.  Have fun with it Maddie.  Make shit up as you go.  If there’s anything historically incorrect, I’m sure Morbus will set you straight afterward.”

Morbus shrugged his massive shoulders.  “Just keep in mind that your mother can be very dark if she has to be.  She doesn’t tolerate bull shit and gives very few chance for someone to tell her the truth.  If she’s not satisfied, in this case she’d kill the girl and not blink.  Can you do that Maddie?”

“I think I can.  I have a different view point on things than my sisters do.  But, I also remember Mom telling people that she knew the points on the body to do different things.”

“Well, your mother would use her knowledge of massage to cause pain.”

“Remember how Mom would tell Dad if he didn’t behave she’d drop a bow in his ass?” Meagan said with a laugh.

“Yeah, Mom was talking about putting her elbow in his Piriformus muscle”, Maddie responded.

“Well, that’s my point.  Mom was joking with Dad, but she wouldn’t hesitate to hit a trigger point on one of us if we were doing something wrong.”

Maddie nodded, only to get smacked by Delilah.  “Hold still.  This may only be temporary color, but you still need to be still as Jona and I put it in or your hair will end up jacked up.”

Maddie laughed.  “Sorry Lilah.  Sorry Jona.”  She looked at Morbus.  “Do you think Mom would cut things off in order to her point across?”

Morbus took a deep breath and thought about the question for a moment.  “I’ve never seen her do it, but I wouldn’t put it past her.  If she was anywhere near as twisted as your Uncle Matt was when he was alive, then I certainly wouldn’t put it past her.”

---------------

The plane was wheels on Tarmac in Frankfurt, Germany when the attendant woke him.  “Mr. Tyson.  We’re in Germany”, the woman said softly.

He came around slowly and blinked.  “Thank you.  What time is it?”

“It’s about 6pm local time.”

“How long will we be on the ground?”

“About fifteen to twenty minutes.  It will give you time to stretch your legs and everything.  Make the phone call to your father in law.”

Reece ignored the father in law comment as he turned his phone back on and dialed the number that had called him nearly nine hours before.  “David, its Reece.”

“Hey Reece.  I take it you’re in Germany.”

“Yep.  Just hit the Tarmac.  I’m gonna see about getting something to eat here in moment.  I haven’t eaten since yesterday afternoon.”

“About what time do you suspect you’ll be here in Jerusalem?”

“If you leave as soon as we hang up and head for the airport, then you should beat me there, but not by much.  It’s an hour flight from here I think.”

“Alright, that sounds good.  We’ll let the kids know and we’ll meet you at the airport.”

“That’s great.  Again, thank you for all of this.  It sincerely appreciate it.”

“You seem like you have the kids’ best interests at heart, and they seem to miss you.  Once you’re here and you’ve gotten reacquainted with your children, we’ll talk and go into detail about what’s going on.”

“Thank you, again.  I know I don’t have to say it but you and your wife are amazing people.”

David chuckled.  “Wait until you meet us to decide that for sure, Reece.  We’ll see you on the Tarmac.”

Reece smiled.  “I’ll see you when I land.  You’re still bald right?”

“Have been since I was in my late twenties.  My wife likes it, so who am I to complain?”

“As long as the wife enjoys it, I suppose.”

“Well, her happiness it at the forefront of my every thought.”  He sighed.  “I need to get off of this phone to help my wife corral children so that we can go.  She just told them you’re on your way and they’re extremely excited.”  In the background, Reece heard David say, “No Jasmine Nichelle, you’ll talk to him when he gets here.  Find your shoes and put them on so that we can leave.

Are we gonna get to eat dinner with him, Grampa?

Yes Jasmine.  Get your shoes on so we can leave after I hang up with him.”  David laughed.  “As you can see, they’re excited.  Jasmine was trying to get me to give her my phone so that she could say hi.”

“She’ll see me when I get there.  I’ve missed them more than I can explain.”

“I understand how you feel.  I would be away for months at a time and leave my wife at home with ten.  I missed each of my children and my wife.  I can relate.”

“I keep forgetting that you know exactly how I feel.  Well, I need to eat a little bit of something before we take off, but assure Jasmine that I’ll try not to fill up.”

“Will do.  We’ll see you soon, Reece.”

“Yes you will.  Bye David.”

“Bye Reece.”  And David hung up.

Reece caught the attendant.  “Is there any way I can get something light to eat before we take off?”

“Is there anything in particular that you’d like?”

“What’s onboard?”

“We do have some fresh sushi that the Chef’s prepared.”

“That sounds wonderful.  Just one roll though.  As soon as we land in Israel, I’m going to dinner.”

“Do you care what kind of roll?”

“Not particularly, no.  I just need to eat something so that I don’t make a pig of myself when I eat with my children and their grandparents.”

“Not a problem.  I’ll have something right out to you.  Anything to drink?”

“Just a soda.  Coke, please.”

“Alright.  I’ll have that right to you.”  She smiled and walked away.

Reece sat back in his seat and relaxed for a few moments.  He was excited.  He was about the meet one of his idols growing up.  If only Dan Donegan, Mike Wengren, and John Moyer were going to be there as well.  But, David Draiman- the Voice himself- had invited him into his home to meet his wife and so that Reece could see his two children.  He wanted to know what else Davina had lied to him about.  David didn’t seem like the man Davina had described to him.  He seemed like he was actually a very kind man.  But the biggest question on Reece Tyson’s mind was why were his children staying in Jerusalem with their grandparents?

---------------

“Was that really Daddy?” Jasmine asked as she fought with her sandals.

“Yes Jasmine.  That was really your Daddy.  He’s on his way here to see you and your brother.”

“That’s so cool.  I wish Mama were here too.  We could be a family.”

David and Brie exchanged a look.  His asked, what do I say?  Brie swooped into for the rescue.  “Jazz, sweetie, Mama Jordan is going through some serious stuff right now.  It’s best that she not be here.  But, your Daddy is excited to see you.  He can’t wait to see you when the wheels on his plane are on the ground.  You just need to be patient, ok, baby?”

Jasmine smiled sadly.  “Yes, Gramma.”

“Ok, now finish getting your sandals on so that we can leave, or your Daddy’s going to be waiting on us to pick him up from the airport.”  Jasmine went into the living room to find her other sandal as Brie sat down at the kitchen table.  “Sometimes you just need Gramma powers”, she said with a laugh.

“I’m glad you knew what to say, because I sure didn’t.  I wonder if that’s something else Davina’s and her family have been doing to those kids.  Trying to tell them that a family consists of a Mama, Daddy and the kids.  If that’s what’s been going on, I actually think I’m going to encourage Jordan to get a divorce as much as I don’t believe in it.”

“I know, I don’t either, but you’re right.  If Davina and her family have been trying to do that to these kids, then Jordan needs to get them out of that environment.”  She took his hands.  “I’m really glad this isn’t something we ever had to deal with.  Jason would have tried to make our lives hell.”

“I could have handled Iverson.  He doesn’t bother me.  I’m glad I didn’t have to put through baby mama drama.”

“There wouldn’t have been drama.  She would have been told once how things work in our house and the moment she forgot that, I would have put her back in her place.  You know me.  I don’t play around.”

David smiled softly at his wife.  “I know.  But, that never happened.  My only children live in the US, save one and she lives right here in the city.”

“We’re ready Gramma and Grampa”, Levi said from the living room.

They chuckled softly.  “Alright.  Let’s go.  We’ve got to go pick up your Daddy.”  They pushed away from the table and stood.  David grabbed his wallet and keys as Brie grabbed her purse.  “Alright, let’s go.  But should we take the Chevy or the Mustang?”

“Mustang!” the kids shouted excitedly.

“Alright.  The Mustang it is!  Everybody out to the car.”

No comments:

Post a Comment