Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 24


The men all ate dinner early so that they could be out at the cottage at sunset.  Over dinner, no one spoke.  They all knew that something heavy was going on.  There was nothing to be said until Jordan was home safely.  After eating, the guys all went and got dressed- having been informed by Morbus to wear all black when they prepared for the mission- gathered their things and headed out to the cottage as the sun set behind the horizon.

When they all arrived, they heard Morbus’s voice on the other side of the door and saw the large Humvee that he’s secured many, many years before.  “I’m going to level the place, David.  You and Brie have my word on that.  That fucking warehouse will be nothing but ash by morning.”

“You have a plan to make that possible?” Brie asked.

“Oh yeah.  Skyler said that he was called ‘Bonfire Skyler’ during the Occupation.  I’m going to see just how literal he wants to make that nickname.”

Jake knocked on the door.  “It’s us”, he called.

“Come in boys”, David said.  When they all piled into the house, they were all given their coms.  “These coms are sensitive enough that all you have to do whisper and we’ll hear you loud and clear.  When you leave, you will follow Morbus’s every order.  Any questions can be communicated back here and will be answered to the best of our ability.  We have everything you need.  Marc, being the genius that he is, installed auto- hackers on everything we needed hacked.”

Marc took a momentary bow.  “I love hacker worms.  They’re beautiful things.”

“We’ll give you the deserved pat on the back when Jordan’s back home and safe”, Brie said.  “Now, I know this is going to be difficult for a lot of you.  Jordan’s your sister.  You have to be objective.  Keep in mind that she is in danger and so are you if you let the fact that she’s family cloud your judgment.  Do what you have to do to get her out of there and back here.  Hang on Morbus’s every word, follow the plan, and above all, be safe yourselves.”

“Good luck and God speed”, David said.  “Get out of here.  You have an hour to Denver.”

“Let’s load up and move out”, Morbus said.  The men all turned and left.  “Skyler, up front with me.  I need to talk to you.”

“You got it, Morbus.”  Skyler got in the front passenger seat as the boys all climbed in the back of the Hummer.  Once everyone was ready to go, Morbus took off. 

Once on the highway, Morbus glanced at Skyler.  “So, here’s what I needed to talk to you about, brother.  Have you ever used a flamethrower?”

Skyler shook his head.  “Nope.  Why?”

“You wanna?”

“You got one?”

“It in the equipment truck that’s at the strategic meeting spot with my boys.  You feel like lighting some shit on fire tonight?”

“Hell yeah.  It’s time to light up some more Utopians.”

Morbus looked over his shoulder as he drove momentarily.  “You boys ready for this?”

“As ready as we’re gonna get”, Jeremiah said.

“Are you kidding me?  I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen”, was Marc’s response.

“Good.  We’re meeting Will and Travis about 30 yards from the place we’re hitting.  Make it quick clean and efficient.  Kill all enemy targets that stand between you and the objective.  Any questions for Watch Tower, ask and you’ll get the best answer they can give.”

“Watch Tower?” Kylely asked.  “That’s Mom and Dad, right?”

“Yes.  We’re going to need a few snipers.  Jake, though you’re one of the best shots, I need you on the ground to go in and get Jordan because you’re the only one with medical training.”

Jake nodded.  “I figured as much.”

“Once Jake has confirmed that Jordan is out, we’re lighting that mother fucker up, people inside be damned.  Am I understood?”

“Aye, sir”, the boys all responded.

“Good to hear.  Get your game faces on, gentlemen.  We’re almost there.”

The rest of the trip was one of silence as they all prepared for that they had to do.  Hopefully, it would be relatively easy.  But, they all knew it was wishful thinking.  There was no telling what was going to happen because there was no telling how it was going to go down.  They had no idea if their enemies were armed or not.  They were going in blind.  They were going to have to rely on “Watch Tower” to as they approached give them the information needed.

When the Humvee pulled to a stop, everyone piled out and started gearing up, still in silence.  With their ear wigs in and their coms around their necks, they tested the connections.  Once Morbus was satisfied that they were all in proper contact with Watch Tower, he picked up a stick and gave them the lay of the land.  Once the sun had disappeared they would strike.  Until then, they would have to sit tight and wait.

---------------

The men inside were getting restless.  “When can we have our way with the little bitch?” one of the grunts asked.

“If I don’t hear from her father by 9:00 then you can feel free to do whatever you want to her.  I’ve had my fun.  After you’re all finished with her, kill her.  I’m not going to wait forever to hear from Draiman the Elder.  If he thinks for half a second that I won’t kill his daughter because he won’t negotiate with me, he’s very sadly mistaken”, Grissom said.

“The men are getting edgy, sir.  I don’t know if they’ll keep holding out”, Walters said.  “A few of them have never tasted lezzy before.”

“They’ll just have to wait.  If you can’t control your men, Mr. Walters, then I suppose I’ll have to replace you.  Do you want to be replaced?”

Walters knew what replaced meant.  It meant he died.  “No sir.  I’m just asking our fearless leader what I should tell the men in regard to their desires.”

“Tell them that they only have to wait another couple of hours before they can take turns with her.  Got it?”  Walters nodded and walked off.  Grissom grabbed Jordan’s cell phone off of the desk and sent David a text message.  “What have you decided, Mr. Draiman?”

“That you can rot in the deepest recesses of hell, Mr. Griffin, along with Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Hitler, and the first Utopian President Harold Gentry.”

“You have another hour and a half to change your mind before I let my men have fun with her.”

“Not gonna happen, asshole.”

“Still, you have two hours.”  Grissom took a deep breath and looked at the screen that showed him Jordan Draiman’s bruised and broken form.  Soon, Ms. Draiman, you will no longer be a thorn in my ass.  You’ll be no more and your father will regret having not negotiated your return thoroughly.  He’s going to have to bury you rather than rescue you.  You’re father doesn’t have the balls to mess with me.  He’s a pussy.

Grissom didn’t know that not only did David Draiman have the balls to fuck with him, but so did all of his sons, sons in law, and one son’s father in law.  His men wouldn’t live through the night and he himself would barely make it out of the building alive before an enemy of the former government would lay waste to the place with a flamethrower.  It was going to take a miracle for the Utopian party to take over again and God wasn’t listening and the Devil had collected his souls.  Now those who thought they were mighty needed to fall for the Devil to truly get his due.

---------------

Jordan stood and listened to the men chatter.  “I bet she’s going to be a sweet, sweet piece of ass”, one said.

“I’ll lay money that she’s good and tight.  I mean, we all know she’s vain.  There’s no way she really carried her son herself.  It had to be the wife.”

“I bet she’s sweeter than candy, too.”

Jordan rolled her eyes.  She had a feeling that those men were never going to find out what she was like in bed.  She could almost feel the presence of her brothers, especially Jacob.  She hadn’t been able to feel his presence for years, but she could have sworn she could feel him in the woods.  They were twins after all.  At one point, they have been that close.  Then, as teenagers they drifted apart as she and Malachai became rock stars and Jake prepared for medical school.  She wasn’t close to him like they were as kids anymore.  She tried something she hadn’t done in years.  Jake, she thought as she closed her eyes.  Jake, if you can hear me, I’m really hurt.  I can’t put any weight on my left leg and I can’t see anything.  This jack ass has really worked me over.  She listened a little more to the men as they popped open beers.  She sniffed the air.  Marijuana.  She knew that scent anywhere.  She smoked it herself from time to time.  They’re getting drunk and high.  I smell weed and I’m willing to bet that there are harder drugs in their possession.  They plan to rape me I’m sure.  If you guys are coming, make it soon because I don’t know how much longer they’re going to wait.

---------------

Jake was in the woods not far away from the warehouse where his twin sister was being held with his brothers.  He was putting together the automatic assault rifle he was going to use for the rescue when he got a strange feeling.  He reached up for his com where it was situated on his throat.  “Viper 1 to Watch Tower.  Can you give me a status update on Jordan, please?  Over.” he whispered.

His father responded.  “Jordan’s still chained to the wall.  Both eyes are black; she’s supporting her weight on her right leg and it looks like she’s having trouble breathing.  Over.”

“What are the men inside up to?  Over.”

His mother responded this time.  “Viper 1, they’re partying.  I see a joint being passed around, coke being cut into lines and all kinds of liquor being drank.  Over.”

Jeremiah chimed in.  “Watch Tower, this is Raven 3.  How many on the outside are we looking at? Over.”

“Two at each entrance, Raven 3.  No other in the outside perimeter.  Over.”

“Watch Tower; Raven 1.  We’re getting into position to move out”, Morbus said.  “Ravens, get into positions.  Vipers, get ready to strike on my mark.”  Everyone started moving silently into their positions; creeping through the woods as they went.  Jake led his team to the front entrance, giving them the hold sign to wait for Morbus’s signal.  They stood still and watched the two men on their end of the building hit the ground, but still they held.  “Viper 1, commence Operation Reckless Rescue”, Morbus said over the coms.  “We have you covered.”

Jake’s team ran forward and into the entrance.  He went straight to Jordan as the rest of his team scattered through the room.  “Keep me covered while I pick the locks.”  Jake pulled the necessary tools out of his pocket and started working on the locks as he heard gun fire.    “Jordan, it’s Jake.  We’re going to get you out of here.  James, Kylely, Colton, and Marc have me covered right now.  James will help me get you out of here as soon as I have you loose.”

“Oh God, Jake.  I was hoping you guys were in the woods.  I thought I felt you out there.”

“Tell me how happy you are that I’m here once we’re in the Humvee and on the way home.  We’re not out of danger yet.”  He got the first shackle undone.  “Put your arm around my neck, Jordan.  I’ve almost got the other one done.”  She rested her weight on her twin as she felt her other wrist freed.  “I’ve got you, sis.  Hold onto me the best you can.  I’m gonna carry you out.”  He shouted over the gun fire.  “Boys, I’ve got her.  Let’s get the hell out of here.”  Carefully, Jake started moving for the entrances as the boys covered him.  He got out of the building and into the woods with no trouble.  “Viper 1 to Ravens.  Subject secure.  Proceed with the finale.”  He got them into the woods with little trouble and into the back of the Humvee where his medical supplies were.  Turning on the overhead light, he looked her over.  “Jordan, I’m going to have to set your leg.  It’s going to hurt like a mother fucker and you’re going to hate me, but do what you can not to scream.”  He set the leg and she cried out softly.  Once the splint was secure, he checked her eyes.  “For this, I’m going to be nice.  I’m going to give you a pain killer intravenously before I do what I’m going to have to do to open your eyes.”

“What are you going to have to do?”

“I’m going to have to cut the lids open, Jordan.  It will relieve the pressure being put on your eyes from the blood that’s caked on them and sealed them shut.  I’ll start a saline drip then push morphine through the line before I let off the pressure.”  As he spoke, he got the things he was going to need ready.  He prepped his scalpel before getting out the IV stuff.   “Ok, Jordan, it’s going to be a pinch, then here comes the relief.”  He inserted the IV, then pushed the needle full of morphine into the line.  After she visibly relaxed, he picked up the scalpel and the gauze he’d prepared.  With a deep breath to steady himself, he carefully cut through the caked blood where his twin’s eyes should have opened.  As the first one was being cut blood welled out in a rush.   Once he finished the first eye, he cut open the second one as Morbus took the wheel.  “Jake, are you ready to move?”

“Let me put the scalpel away and you’re a go.  Skyler’s going to be bringing up the rear once he’s done with the ordinance?”

“Yep.  He’s going to have the supply truck and the rest of the team.  Your parents are relieved that the extraction was a success.”

He had the scalpel in his bag  and was cleaning Jordan’s eyes with saline.  “Go Morbus.  I can finish this as you drive.”  Morbus took off without another word as Jake finished cleaning Jordan’s eyes and covered them with gauze.  He’d doctor the rest of her wounds once they were back at the house.  For the moment, he watched the warehouse go up in a blaze of glory and smiled.   Stupid Utopian bastards.  Got exactly what was coming to them.  I hope it teaches them not to fuck with the Draiman family.  But that lesson wouldn’t be learned that night.  That was a lesson that would be taught a few months down the road by the young woman he shared a birthday with and she would also teach them another simple lesson: payback’s a mother fucker, but gotcha?  She’s a stone cold bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment