Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chapter 20

When David and Brie came in to check on everything, they saw their sons and nephews, as well as Skyler, all soaking in a pool full of ice.  “Having fun, boys?” David asked.

“What do you think, old man?” Marc laughed.  “We all hurt.”

“Oh, cry me a river and I’ll build you a bridge.”

“David, be nice”, Brie laughed.  “Though I must say, you boys are all being exceptionally whiny little bitches tonight.”

“Morbus kicked our asses, Mom.  You’d whine too”, James said.

“No, see, I wouldn’t have.  One, I used to stay in good enough shape that it would have been a blast to do the things you boys did today.  I would have laughed it off and asked for more.  Remember what my brother did for a living.  Two, I never let anyone but your father know when I’m hurting.  If I had my way about it I wouldn’t even let your father see it, but he’s the one that takes care of me when I am sick or hurt so I don’t mind it so much anymore.  But, I would never have been this sore after that course.  And the funny thing is, at some point he’s taking you to a ROPES course.  Have fun with that.  You think that little obstacle course hurt?  You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

David laughed.  “I know that’s right.  I just hope he’s not going to allow you boys live rounds when you start working on tactics with rifles.  You boys will hurt each other.  I know Jake sure wants to shoot a fair few of you.”

Jake got out of the pool and headed over to the hot tub.  “You said it Dad, not me”, he laughed.  He carefully lowered himself into the hot tub.  “OUCH!  It’s like pins and needles!”

Brie started laughing so hard she had to lean against David to stay upright.  “David, get me out of here before I hurt myself.”

---------------

“Mom must be out there giving them shit over their whining”, Makayla said as she laughed.

“I wouldn’t put it past Brie”, Mercedes said.  “She’s mean sometimes, but it’s for their own good.  They need to toughen up.”

“No kidding”, Maddie laughed.  “I think this is the last dip in the hot tub.  They’ll need to start coming in soon.  We’ll see if they stop whining.  Lilah, Jake doesn’t seem to be moving as stiffly.”

“So all I have to do is make him bathe in icy hot and maybe he’ll be ok”, Delilah laughed.

“Are they going to be like this every night?” Meagan asked.  “I mean, it’s funny to see them all acting like whiny bitches, but I don’t want to see it every night.”

“They’re going to be like this until their muscles get used to the work that Morbus is making them do.”

“Oh shit, I think Mom’s about to hit the ground because she’s laughing so hard”, Mandy laughed.  She was watching out the sliding glass door like a hawk.

“I wonder what she’s said to them?”  Kenna said.

Maddie had been watching as well as she prepared an oil to rub on Colton’s sore muscles.  “She was telling the boys that she wouldn’t have bitched like they are, to remember what Uncle Matt used to do.  That Dad’s the only person that knows when she’s hurt or sick because he’s the only one she allows to see it and he takes care of her when it happens.  And the Morbus was going to take them to a ROPES course at some point and if they thought this training was a bitch that they had another thing coming.”

“How did you know that?”

“Mom made all of us learn sign language and in doing that we had to learn to read lips.”

“What did Dad say?” Mandy asked.

“That he hoped that Morbus didn’t give the boys live rounds tomorrow because they would hurt each other.  He knows for sure that Jake wants to shoot a few of them.”

“Maybe Morbus will give them paintball guns”, Jona giggled.

“More than likely he will”, Delilah said with a grin.  “All I know I that I’m going to be hearing about the day for the rest of the night.  What has me curious is if Skyler is skunking them all.”

“Oh, I’m sure he is”, Kaylian said as she wandered into the kitchen.  “My husband may be older, but he’s kept himself very toned over the years since the Occupation.”

“Well, I hope he talks all kinds of shit to them about it”, Delilah laughed.  “Especially the younger ones that think their shit doesn’t stink.”

---------------

Once the boys were all settled in for the night and had muscle soothing lotions and oils soaking into their aching bodies, David and Brie retired to their .  Brie had even been nice enough to help the women apply the lotions and oils, though she was no longer a therapist.  While  Jona tended to her father, Brie helped out and took care of her once shy little ‘Miah.  “Mama, you’re the best”, he said  with a sigh.  That stuff feels awesome.”

“Your wife made it, ‘Miah.  I didn’t.  I’m just helping you out.”

“I know, Mom.   And I really appreciate you massaging the oil in for me.  I can barely move.  But, I know that out of all of us that are doing this training Skyler, Jake and I are in the best shape.”

She smiled.  “Brag about it, Jeremiah.”

“What?”

“Brag about it.  Motivate your brothers and cousins to get their asses in gear so that they’re not being dusted by a man in his 50’s, a diabetic, and the only of my sons that wasn’t an athlete.”

“I was too an athlete, but I was a musician too.  I had to do everything they did with a set of drums hooked to my torso.”

“There you do.  If you can do it with a snare drum strapped to you, then they shouldn’t have any trouble.”

Jeremiah smiled.  “I think I’ll do that.  It will be interesting to see the response that gets.  Morbus  says that the obstacle course is going to be an everyday occurrence.”

“Eventually, he’s going to do another time trial.  I think he just wants you guys to run it tomorrow.”

Jeremiah sighed.  “I just hope that my brothers can keep up.  I mean, if Skyler can breeze past us all and he’s in his 50’s, and he and Dad can group rifle rounds the way they did and Dad’s in his 70’s, then we have a LOT of catching up to do.  And I mean all of us.  I think Jake is doing better than any of us as far as shooting goes and he has vision problems from staring at medical books for too long.”

“Jake likes to practice”, she said with a shrug.  “Now that you’re all rubbed down, minus your glutes, I’m going to grab two of your nieces and one of you nephews, as well as your father, and I’m going to go out to the cottage to relax for the night.  I need a drink, I need to chill and I want to spend some alone time with your father that doesn’t involve talking to Morbus about a training exercise he wants to with you boys.”

“Why didn’t you get my glutes, Mom?” Jeremiah joked.

“Because as of the moment you were potty trained, you ass is none of my business.  If you want your glutes massaged do it yourself or ask your wife.”  She stood.  “David, baby, while I’m washing my hands will you grab the three staying with us tonight?”

“Sure, and it’s actually four, Brie.  I promised Matthew”, David responded.

“That’s fine, babe.  Just let me wash my hands and we’ll do this.  I hope it doesn’t take very long to get to them all to sleep.”

He knew the tone in her voice and what it meant.  “I know.  Me too.  I hope all we have to do is put on a movie for them and they’ll drift off in a hurry.”  He headed up the stairs to get the grandkids as she headed into the kitchen to wash her hands.  When he had the four grandchildren, he took them into the kitchen after they told their parents good night.  Or, in Mattie’s case his parents and other set of grandparents.  And with that, they left.  Once the kids were settled in for the night and asleep, Brie and David went to their bedroom for the night.  Once they were settled in, David spoke.  “So, how soon until Jordan does the most selfish thing she’s ever done do you think?”

“Not much longer, I’m sure.  I really don’t want to talk about kids and grandkids.  I just want to spend time with you, baby.  We can lie here and do absolutely nothing.  As long as we’re doing nothing together.”

He gave her a crooked smile.  “True, we could do nothing other than lie here and watch TV, or, we could do something else.”  He winked at her.

She looked up at him and laughed softly.  “What did you have in mind, love?”

“Well, Jake did mention yesterday that we fuck like bunnies”, he laughed.

She laughed.  “Did he now?  You wanna prove him right?”

“I don’t know.  What do you want to do?”

She sat up and pressed her lips to his softly as she brushed her silver curls out of her face.  “What do you think?” she whispered against his lips.

----------------

“Are you still sore, my love?” Delilah asked Jake as they laid down in bed that night.

“What do you think?” he asked.  He was lying on her rather than the other way around.

“You know, I could give you a massage.”

“Don’t you need a table?”

“Not for the kind of massage I plan on giving you.”

He looked up at her.  “Explain.”

“It’s easier if I show you.”

He scooted down and laid on his back.  “Then please demonstrate.  Because I’m sore as hell.”

She smiled and reached over and grabbed the lotion she was using to soothe his muscles.  “Just relax, baby.  Mama’s going to take care of you.”  As he took a deep breath in, she straddled his hips and dipped her fingers into the lotion.  She rubbed her hands together and started massaging his chest.  As she slid her hands toward his face and across his collarbone, her hips rocked backward and he moaned softly.  As her hands traced down his chest to his stomach and abs, she rocked her hips forward.  “Are you relaxing?”

“In a way, I suppose I am.”

She smirked evilly.  “What does that mean?”

“I’m starting to have a typical male relaxation response.”  His eyes were closed and his hands were on her hips.

She applied a little more pressure and repeated the motion, feeling him stiffen between her thighs.  “Mmm, I think I like you all whiny and in pain.  It means I can have my way with you.”

His eyes cracked open and he grinned.  “I’m as helpless as a newborn babe, baby girl.  Do your worst.”

“How about I do my best and ease your pain while I take care of you?”

“Whatever makes you happy, sweetness.  You’re the potter, I’m the clay.  Do what you want.”

She kept doing what she was doing, teasing him while she worked out the stiff muscles in his chest.  When he was ready, she moved her hips just right, causing him to slip inside her.  Now, she could take care of him in more ways than one and that’s just what she planned to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment