Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chapter 48

As Jordan lay sleeping that night, she dreamed. She dreamed about different things. She dreamed about her kids, which made a smile curl at her lips. Her babies were her everything. They were all that mattered to her. As long as they were safe and happy, that's all that mattered to her.

She dreamed about her parents. She knew that if she asked them to come back to the states, they would. It was the same for all of her siblings. David and Brie Draiman were always the first to jump and run if their kids needed them.

She dreamed about her siblings. She knew that Jake and Jeremiah watching her push herself the past few months was painful for them. It had to have been because it wasn't easy for her to put them through that kind of hell. It was hard for her to be in that kind of place period.

She dreamed about her soon to be ex-wife. She wondered what all else Davina had lied about during the ten years they were married. There had to be other secrets that were being kept from her. Why else would Davina insist on going on every tour and dragging the kids around the world. Tutors were expensive. Didn't she realize that? Of course not. She wasn't the one paying the bills. Jordan was. Jordan was the one that paid for everything. But, that was going to end soon. Jordan was going to make sure that Davina didn't blow any more of her money ever again.

Jordan knew that her sub conscious thoughts were going in a direction that she didn't want them to go in and there was nothing she could do about it. Luckily, her parents were on their way and would be there when she needed them most.

---------------

Jake and the rest of the Draiman children were awaiting their older sister getting out of bed to regale them with the stories of everything she did the night before. "When is she going to drag her ass down here and tell us about what she did?" Marc asked as they ate breakfast that morning. "I'm tempted to go up there and drag her down here myself."

"Let her sleep, Marc Christopher", Jake admonished. "She's had a hell of a night and deserves to sleep as long as she feels the need to sleep. Lord only knows when she's going to realize what she's done". He felt his phone start to vibrate in his pocket before it started to play their mother's song. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and answered it. "Hello Mom", he said.

"Jacob, your father and I are on our way back to the US. If Jordan starts to freak out before we get there just assure her that we're on our way. Do I make myself clear?" his mother asked in a stern tone.

"Yes ma'am", he said. "Is there anything else?"

His father's voice was the next he heard. "Let Reece know that we're on our way and have him meet us at the cottage. He's the only one of Levi and Jasmine's parents that can be allowed to see them. Jordan left no wiggle room in the pre-nup."

"Leave it to Jordan to be that thorough."

"No kidding. That thing is iron clad.

"Is there anything else that I need to do?"

"Can't think of anything off the top of my head, Jacob, other than keeping your brothers and sisters away from Jordan until we clear it. I know everyone wants to hear Jordan's story. If you're that desperate then you can ask Morbus. There's no need to make Jordan relive that trauma. It's bad enough that she's probably going to need intense therapy after all of this is said and done."

"I'll be sure to let everyone know your orders, Dad."

"Good. We should be touching down in a few hours. Ask Skyler if he and Kaylian would mind coming out to pick us up from DIA."

"They should be here any moment. I'll ask as soon as they're here."

"Thank you, Jacob. We'll see you when we roll into the drive. Have Skyler text me should he have any questions."

"Will do. Talk to you soon, Dad."

---------------

The moment that Skyler and Kaylian Mason walked into the house, Jake pulled them aside to talk to them about his father's request. "Skyler, I just talked to my folks and Dad told me to ask you if you two wouldn't mind picking them and Jordan's kids up from DIA."

"Why do they want us?" Kaylian asked.

"I wish I knew", Jake said with a sigh. "I'm just the messenger. I don't ask a lot of questions. All I know is that they're on their way here to be with Jordan when she comes to the realization of what she did last night and they asked that you two be the ones to pick them up. Dad said to have you text him if you had any questions."

"Well, I think I'll do just that, then", Skyler said with a sigh. "Thank you Jake. We'll get in touch with your dad and ask our questions". He pulled his phone out and sent David a text. "Why us?" he asked.

"Because I want to talk to you about your impressions of what went down last night. Morbus already told us what he thought."

"Ok. When do you get in?"

"In about two hours."

"We'll see you there, then". Skyler heaved a deep sigh. "Looks like I get to relive Jordan's torture session from last night again", he said with a chuckle.

"How did you feel watching that happen?"

"I didn't really feel anything until she lit the needles on fire. And when she turn his face into bloody ruin, I got a little sick."

"Then that's what you tell David when he asks."

He smiled at his wife. "You always know what to say."

"It's kinda my job. If I didn't know you the way I do then you'd question whether I loved you or not."

"I never question whether you love me or not. You' stuck by me this long. That alone tells me that you love me."

----------------

Reece was starting to worry about Jordan. She'd started to toss and turn. He'd tried to wake her but it didn't work. He got up and padded down the stairs. "She's scaring me", he said when he walked into the kitchen. 

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"She's tossing and turning and I can't wake her."

"Don't try. Let her sleep. Our parents should be here soon and they'll know how to handle it when she wakes up and freaks out. They want you to meet them out at their cottage. You're the only one of the Kids' parents that's allowed contact with them until the divorce is final."

Reece nodded. "Alright. I'll go get a shower and get dressed. Will someone be taking me out there?"

"I'll take you out there as soon as we have word that they're on the property."

He nodded. "That sounds good to me. I'll go get my shower and I'll meet you back in here?"

Jake nodded. "That works for me. Go get clean and I'll see you in here."

Reece Tyson walked away and went to go get his shower. He didn't to see Jordan suffer. But, he knew that's what was going to happen. She was going to suffer emotionally for the things she had done as well as the things she had been through. She hadn't been able to properly mourn over the death of her marriage to her wife of ten years. She hadn't been able to properly mourn over the fact that she had been beaten and tortured for two days. Now, she was about to have all of it come crashing down on her. He knew that there wasn't going to be much that he could do other than be there for her and for Levi and Jasmine. They needed to know that their mother loved them, no matter what happened. They were foremost in her thoughts. He knew that he would have to be the one to pass the message on to them. It would be long hard road for Jordan, and he was grateful that Jordan had such a strong support network behind her and was glad that he could be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment